Monday, January 19, 2009

Trust in God ONLY

Will I ever learn to trust God completely? Every time I think I am, something comes my way that throws me for a loop. I fall back into despair. I feel like David when he wrote in Psalm 13:1-2

"How long, O LORD? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2) How long must I take counsel in my soul
and have sorrow in my heart all the day?"


I know HE hasn't forgotten me, but I somehow have forgotten Him and what He can do for me. I have trusted in myself yet again; I have trusted in others yet again; when will I learn? Sometimes I don't think I ever will. I am in sunk in despair right now. Please, Lord, answer me. I want to be able to say, like David (Psalm 13:5-6):

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love;
my heart shall rejoice in your salvation.
6) I will sing to the LORD,
because he has dealt bountifully with me."


Right now I don't think I can. Lord, please help me.

"I have set the LORD always before me;because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken." ~~Psalm 16:8

Yes, Lord help me to always set you before me so that I will not be shaken. Help me to trust in you ALWAYS, never in man, never in myself. You are the only one who will never let me down; Lord, please help me to remember that.

"It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man." ~~Psalm 118:8

"Put not your trust in princes,in a son of man, in whom there is no salvation." ~~Psalm 146:3


Thank you Lord for helping me to trust in You. You are so awesome!!

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD." ~~Jeremiah 17:7

May God be with you and bless you today.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment