- I have been focusing on myself mostly - that's not a good thing.
- I have been "sort of" praying to God, but not really with a repentant heart and spirit.
- I have "read" my bible, but not really "listened" to what God is saying to me.
- I have not kept my eyes on Jesus, that's for sure.
- I have desired things that are NOT what God would want for me, and then have been upset when I haven't gotten them. - GO FIGURE!
- I have pretty much given up on ever being happy or joyful and have decided that I will just have to "bear" this.
"It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."
So, God is with me even during times like this. That's encouraging to know, but also somewhat embarrassing! So I have been trying to do this on my own, when HE has been there all along, wanting to help. Oops - that was stupid of me, wasn't it?
Ok, what else?
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you."
Ah - He has PROMISED to hear us when we pray. That's cool!
"Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words."
So I need to remember to pray in the Spirit also.
What about reading the bible? I read it every day.
"Your words were found, and I ate them,and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name,O LORD, God of hosts."
Lord, help me to be like Jeremiah so that Your words will become a joy to me. Help me to really listen to what You are saying and not imagine what I want You to say. Help me to keep vigilant so I don't desire things that I cannot or should not have. Help me to LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN to You!!
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."
Oh yeah, the flesh is SO weak. I pray that God will give me strength.
"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, O righteous,and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!"
"Restore to me the joy of your salvation,and uphold me with a willing spirit."
Oh, I wish I could experience that joy again! It would be so wonderful! I know, Lord that You want this for me. I WILL feel it again, I know. You have promised and You are faithful. Thank you, Lord.
"Know therefore that the LORD your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,"
So I guess life really doesn't suck, unless I choose to let it. I think not, don't you?
God be with you and bless you today.