Thursday, January 15, 2009

God is for Us!!

Romans 8:28-3 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 29) For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30) And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. 31) What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

I love verse 31 - it is SO true. We don't have to worry about who is against us or who is out to get us; GOD IS FOR US!! This is such an encouragement to me when I am facing any type of adversity. I just need to remember that no one or no thing can get to me unless he/she/it goes through GOD first. That means that He knows that I can handle it, WITH HIS HELP. He wants only the best for me and will not allow anything to get to me that isn't going to make me a better person. He will not allow any temptation to come my way without providing a way out.

1 Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it."

I just need to be so close to Him that I can see the way out and take it. I always thought the scripture about God not allowing anything to come our way that we couldn't handle meant that nothing would come my way that I couldn't handle on my own. I think this means that nothing will come my way that I can't handle WITH GOD'S HELP. Of course I can't handle it on my own. I can't handle ANYTHING on my own - I always need God's help.

I pray that I will be able to ALWAYS remember this and depend on God to help me through every part of my life. I don't want to get so cocky and arrogant that I think I can do it on my own. That's when I fall.

God be with you and bless you today.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment