Thursday, January 8, 2009

GIVE THANKS TO THE LORD!

Psalm 138

1 I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;

2 I bow down toward your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things
your name and your word.

3 On the day I called, you answered me;
my strength of soul you increased.

4 All the kings of the earth shall give you thanks, O LORD,
for they have heard the words of your mouth,

5 and they shall sing of the ways of the LORD,
for great is the glory of the LORD.

6 For though the LORD is high, he regards the lowly,
but the haughty he knows from afar.

7 Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve my life;
you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies,
and your right hand delivers me.

8 The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.

I want to give the Lord thanks in all circumstances, with my WHOLE heart. It is so encouraging to see that ON THE DAY I CALL, He will answer me. I may not think I hear Him, but He ALWAYS answers, ALWAYS.

He gives me strength when I have none; during times of trouble, He preserves my life; even when I want to curl up and die, He won't let me. He is always showing me the beauty of life and the reason for living.

He will protect me against my enemies and will deliver me out of their hands - but He goes further than that and allows me to be able to forgive them and love them with His love. Now, THAT is something that seems impossible, but not with God!

The best part is that He will FULFILL HIS PURPOSE FOR ME. When I think I am worthless and have nothing to contribute, He shows me that He has a purpose for me. He planned me from the beginning of time and has great things planned for me.

Jeremiah 29:11-13
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12) Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13) You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart."

If I call on Him and seek Him with all my heart, I will find Him and He will HEAR me. How awesome is that? That GOD will hear ME? WOW!!

I know that HE will not FORSAKE THE WORK OF HIS HANDS. He never will, He is faithful!!

Thank you, Lord!!

God bless you and be with you today.

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment